What a beautiful summer we have had here in Wisconsin! It has been great to be back into a regular summer routine with parties, swimming, and all the fun things that we missed in 2020! With that being said, I know a lot of families hit a rut mid-summer with their kiddos! It can start to feel like you've exhausted every activity! So now what? Well, there's still plenty of summer fun to be had! Check out some fun family activities I've compiled in the Green Bay (and Fox Valley), geared toward all different age groups, and broken down into different categories. Keep in mind all kids have different interests, capabilities, and tolerance so use your best judgment as to which ideas would suit your family best. Also, please remember to take the proper COVID-19 precautions when planning activities with your children so you can keep your family and community safe. Different businesses may have different policies regarding masking and vaccination, so it's always best to check their websites before planning and outing!
Click this link to be taken to the interactive map of activities and continue reading for some highlights broken down by type of activity.
Splash Pads, Wading Pool, Aquatic Centers, & more!
- Splash pads: Green Bay has some GREAT splash pads and they are the perfect way to cool down and have some fun with little ones without the stress and crowds of going to the pool or finding abeach.
- Favorite Splash Pads: Lions Park in Town of Seymour, Wanick Park Splash Pad in Town of Sherwood, and The City Deck & Red Smith Park in Green Bay
- Wading pools: Another great way to cool down with small children who don't don't swim are just beginning to swim, plus you can usually beat the big crowds since these pools cater to a younger age group.
- Favorite Wading Pools: Marquette Park and Astor Park in Green Bay
- Aquatic Centers: Green Bay offers some truly unique aquatic experiences! Our beautiful city has public pools, aquatic centers with waterslides, concessions, climbing walls, & more, and gorgeous man-made beaches.
- Favorites: The new VFW Aquatic Center in West Depere, Resch Aquatic Center in Green Bay (offers zero-depth wading, waterslides, and other activities), and Ashwaubomay Lake (offers zero-depth sand beach, basketball hoops, playground, rafts, and more)
Parks & Nature
- City Parks: There are SO MANY city parks that we can't even list them all! Green Bay alone has over 65 public parks! Click here to view a full list and explore a new park today!
- Favorites: Pamperin Park, Voyageur Park, Colburn Park, & Titletown
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary: A beautiful 600-acre urban wildlife refuge featuring live animal exhibits, educational displays, miles of hiking/skiing trails, and various wildlife viewing opportunities. Visit their website to view their activities and programs.
- State & County Parks: We are so lucky to live nearby some beautiful state and county parks with hiking & biking trails, playgrounds, and a means to explore nature practically in our own backyards. Plus, getting outside for a hike is a great way to burn some energy on a nice day!
- Favorites: Penninsula State Park and High Cliff State Park (both have observation towers), Fonferek Glen (views and waterfalls), and Bay Shore Park (follow the scenic trail along the Niagra escarpment for great views of the bay)
- Bay Beach Amusement Park: A Green Bay classic! If you haven't been yet, don't wait! Bay Beach is open to the public with loads of options for activities! Best for kiddos who can enjoy amusement park-style rides.
- NEW Zoo & Adventure Park: Not only is the NEW Zoo a great place for a day of family fun and exploration, they are also an AZA-accredited zoo, which means they meet the highest standard in animal care and welfare for a zoo! The NEW Zoo is home to nearly 90 different species of animals that are native to a variety of habitats all around the world. After the zoo, head to the adventure park and challenge yourself on the zip line, climbing wall, obstacles courses, and more!
- Luv 2 Play: Located in Appleton, Love 2 Play is an indoor soft play zone with a range of obstacles, slides, and toys for younger kiddos!
- Children's Museum: Green Bay's Children Museum can be found new Bay Beach Amusement park by the Bay and offers great learning-based fun both indoors and outdoors. Don't forget to stop by the digestive system model and grab a pic inside the giant mouth!
- Trampoline Parks: There are several trampoline parks in Green Bay and Appleton-area that offer a safe and fun environment for older kids to let out some energy! Check out Get Air in Green Bay or Xtreme Air in Appleton (which also features a climbing wall and several other attractions).
- Neville Public Museum: Another Green Bay staple, the Neville offers tons of educational fun with exhibits like Spectacular Science, Savage Ancient Seas, and the interactive Discovery Room!
- Badger Sports Park: Located in Appleton, it's well worth the drive. Tons of great activities for older kids like mini-golf, go kart, batting cages, virtual reality, escape rooms, laser tag, mini bowling, and more!
Don't forget to check out our interactive map to find even more activities than the highlighted ones listed here. Now get out there and have some family fun and adventure!